We know it seems silly to start thinking about furnace tuneups for winter when it’s still beautiful outside, but trust us when we say it is absolutely time to start thinking about furnace tune-ups for winter.
Having a licensed service professional give you the all-clear while it’s still comfortable outside will give you peace of mind as the temperatures start dropping. Aside from peace of mind, here are 5 other benefits of having your furnace serviced before winter:
Benefits of an Early Furnace Tune-up
- You can save money: That’s right, we’ll start with the one you really care about. The cost of a furnace checkup is peanuts compared to the cost of a new heating unit. By having a professional inspect and repair your system before you absolutely need to start using it, you can potentially save yourself thousands of dollars.
- You can prevent a breakdown: A pre-winter inspection saves you money by allowing a professional to find and fix small problems before they become big ones. By forgoing preventative maintenance, you risk not only a breakdown but hours in the freezing cold as you wait for help during every service company’s busiest season.
- You can experience improved energy efficiency: Regular maintenance keeps your furnace running at peak performance. So not only can you rest assured that your unit will be working when you need it the most, but it will be running smoothly without putting any extra strain on your energy bill.
- You can guarantee your safety: By having your furnace inspected, you can avoid deadly carbon monoxide leaks. A seasoned professional will be able to spot cracks in the combustion chamber, malfunctioning safety devices, and improper airflow, ventilation, and gas pressure that could compromise your family’s safety.
- You can keep your warranty: In case there is a big problem with your furnace, you’re going to want your warranty to still be valid in order to get everything fixed or replaced as quickly (and affordably) as possible. Most warranties require yearly maintenance as a stipulation, so by having a furnace tune-up before temperatures drop, you avoid voiding your precious warranty.
The colder it gets, the busier we become—don’t risk downtime from your furnace. Our experienced, friendly professionals at Donnelly’s Plumbing Heating and Cooling are ready to help even before the temperatures begin to drop. We can provide expert repair, replacements, or even install a brand new heating system for you to make sure your family stays warm and comfortable all year long. Reach us by phone at [hls_phone_number] or contact us online at any time to schedule service!